This feature is available to existing Inventory Management subscribers. Learn more about using the ShippingEasy Product Catalog.
At this time, we are not currently developing new features or functionality for our Inventory solution. This means that at this time we cannot address the issues you have with the current system. However, we do expect that in 2022, we will be introducing a new and improved Inventory experience.
ShippingEasy helps you manage your suppliers. Any company (or person) that you source your products from can be entered into ShippingEasy as a Supplier. Before you can create a Purchase Order and re-order your items in ShippingEasy, you first need to set up and save your Suppliers in your Supplier database.
Suppliers can be added one by one or all at once via CSV file (in bulk).
Add individual Suppliers
- Go to PRODUCTS then the SUPPLIERS page from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the + Add Supplier button.
- The ADD SUPPLIER page will populate with a few required fields and a few optional fields.
The more fields you fill in, the more details that will be pre-populated on all Purchase Orders for this Supplier. You will have the option to override the default address and contact on individual Purchase Orders.
- Select Save Supplier
Your supplier has now been saved and you're ready to add a purchase order!
Add multiple Suppliers via CSV file
Requirements for uploading a Supplier CSV:
- The Supplier ID column must be mapped for every Supplier upload. When adding new Suppliers, leave the ID blank. When updating existing Suppliers, enter the assigned ID. Find the Supplier ID by clicking the name of the Supplier and looking in the left-most column titled "ID".
It is not necessary to pare down the data to only the new suppliers. A file with a complete listing of all your suppliers will work just as well as one limited to only suppliers with updates. ShippingEasy will review the file for (1) New suppliers and (2) Updated suppliers. All other Suppliers will be ignored. New suppliers will be entered as new suppliers. Updated suppliers will be edited to reflect the new data in the CSV. Learn more about formatting a Supplier CSV file.
- On the SUPPLIERS page and with a prepared CSV file on hand, click the grey Upload Suppliers link.
- From the CSV file menu, click Browse. After selecting your file, click Upload file.
- On the "Upload CSV: Supplier Import" page, map the "Source Column" to the "ShippingEasy Column". Then select Continue.
The Supplier ID column must be mapped for every Supplier upload. When adding new Suppliers, leave the ID blank. When updating existing Suppliers, enter the assigned ID.
- Your file will be displayed in the "Current Uploads" section. Once ShippingEasy has finished processing the data, a green Ready button will appear. Click the button.
- You will have the option to review the data. Edit any fields that require an additional update by clicking the field. An edit dialog will appear. Once all the data looks in order, click the Complete Upload button.
- Your new suppliers are now added!