I'd like to see the following enhancements to the shipping rules. If any of the items mentioned can be done, please let me know how to do them.
1) Add boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT) to the IF statement of the rule. I'd like to be able to do something like:
IF order=sku1 OR order=sku2 OR order=sku3 THEN set saved carrier selection = my ship pref
Without this ability, I quickly hit the shipping rule limit since I have many different SKUs in my product catalog.
2) Allow for an option to have the rule applied on the creation of the shipment rather than on order import.
3) Allow for a rule to be created that allows something to the effect of:
IF current time > 10 am THEN set ship date = next business day
This could also be an account setting, but it would be preferable to set it up as a shipping rule since different carriers arrive at different times during the day. I would use this option in conjunction with #2.
4) Remove the limit of 10 shipping rules. Is there a reason to have this seemingly arbitrary limit? What would happen if it were increased to 11, 25, 100, or unlimited? Also, the help doc says 30, but on the page it says 10.
5) The help doc says there's a limit of 6 conditions per rule. I haven't run into this limit, but if it exist, remove it as well. I would quickly hit this limitation if boolean operators were added to the IF condition.
6) Create categories in which rules can be grouped, and then allow for the ability to set precedence between categories, in addition to items within the categories. This just helps clean up the interface.