We have included a few issues with the most recommended solutions below.
The label is not printing
If your Rollo printer is showing a green light but no label advances when you click on "Print", it is likely that the Rollo is connected to a new USB Port. When the USB port is changed, Windows will register the Rollo as a "new" printer so that you can run multiple Rollo printers from the same computer, each with different label types and settings.
That means printing to the old printer keeps it in the print queue.
- To fix, open your Control Panel -> Printers and Devices and note which Rollo Printer is "active".
- Then, be sure to print to the same active printer name when printing.
- If that does not work, unplug and re-plug Rollo into the same USB port as before. This should restore your printing without further changes.
Are you using Rollo Labels? Rollo allows labels to be purchased from anywhere, offering customers more flexibility and freedom.
However, Rollo does require customers to purchase the label holder used in conjunction with their printer if you want to use roll labels. This holder sits behind the printer and helps feed the labels through.
Are you using a USB to connect the printer to your MAC?
- First, unplug the Rollo's USB cable from your MAC, then turn off the printer, and unplug it.
- Second, on the printer page in the Mac, hover your mouse over the box (where you would normally see the printers) and hold the Command key + right-click. A prompt should show up to reset the printing system.
- Download the updated MAC driver using this link.
- Plugin the Rollo printer (you must use the same power adapter that came in with the printer package) into a wall socket (do not use any extension cords as it must be plugged in directly to the wall).
Turn on the machine and follow these steps.
- Perform the automatic label identification by pressing and holding the top circular button on top of your printer, wait for one beep, and then let go.
- The labels will move back and forth and you will get a green light. Then afterward press and hold the circular button and wait for 2 beeps that should print a self-test
- Connect the USB cable directly to your MAC and start from Step 4 from this article.
Label font is small
The font on a 4x6 label may appear small due to the paper settings.
- Right-click on the Rollo printer icon to view printing preferences.
- In Layout, click Advanced to set the label size.
- To achieve standard font sizes for a 4x6 Rollo-printed label, set the paper size to 100mm x 150mm.
Label keeps re-printing
If you are attempting to print a label, but your Rollo printers keep re-printing an old label, it is likely because Rollo has not learned your label's properties.
To update the properties turn Rollo off and turn it back on to clear any pending print jobs.
- Make sure you have a label loaded for Rollo to print, followed by several other labels.
- Press and hold the top-circular button until you hear one beep, then let go. This starts the automatic label identification. You should see your label moving back and forth and stopping at the correct tear off point.
- When you see a green light, try to print. This should result in the correct printed label.