Shipping carriers routinely update their products, adding or removing features and services, as well as adjusting their rates. These rate changes usually occur at the start of the year. For 2020, all major carriers announced rate and service changes.
ShippingEasy understands the importance of staying up to date with changes regarding shipping rates as well as new or updated policies and procedures with each carrier. That's why we make it super simple to find that information.
All rate change information is cited from dhl-usa.com. Review all DHL rate change notes.
Here is a brief summary of what's changing for ShippingEasy subscribers who have connected their DHL Express account with ShippingEasy:
DHL Express rates increase 5.9% on average
Shipping rates for all DHL Express U.S. international services will be increasing.
Changes to DHL Rates and Services
There will be an increase in shipping surcharges and fees which could increase your overall shipping cost, notably:
- Residential Address will increase from $4.40 per shipment to $4.65 per shipment.
- Shipment Value Protection coverage per $100.00 for export and import shipments will increase from $1.00 to $1.05 per shipment. The minimum shipment value for both will be $3.15, an increase from $3.00 for exports and a decrease from $4.00 for imports.
This service will see a decrease in costs:
- Saturday Pickup and Delivery Services will change from a $0.50 per kg. with a minimum charge of $50.00 per shipment charge methodology to a flat service charge of $46.00 per shipment.
DHL will introduce new services and name changes:
- Importer of Record, the designated owner or purchaser of products when they are imported into a destination county, can now be invoiced as a third party to handle the customs duties and fees. This cost of this service for DHL Express shipments is $15.00.
- Oversize Piece will be split into two separate charge names: Oversize Piece and Overweight Piece.