What is personally identifiable information?
Amazon defines personally identifiable information (PII) as any data that can be used to isolate a buyer. On FBA orders, this means that Amazon will not send key pieces of personal identification to ShippingEasy. This includes the buyer’s name, public email address, recipient address, and gift messages. To learn more about Amazon’s PII policy, visit Amazon’s website.
How does this impact my FBA shipments in ShippingEasy?
When an FBA shipment is created, ShippingEasy will display this on your SHIPMENT HISTORY and reporting. However, ShippingEasy cannot display PII data on the order. When an order has been redacted, ShippingEasy will notify you on the SHIPMENT HISTORY screen.
When a CSV export includes an FBA shipment, any column with PII data will show "_Redacted_". The impacted columns include: recipient name, recipient address, and gift message.
Additionally, duplicating labels for FBA shipments with redacted information is not allowed.
What data can be viewed on an Amazon FBA order?
There are several pieces of data still accessible on FBA orders.
- masked Amazon email address
- product details (i.e: line item quantity, line items)
- order details (i.e: total paid, shipping paid)
What customer information can I include in Customer Marketing emails?
Templates use variables to map information from orders to the emails that are sent to customers. With the removal of PII, some variables will show no information or different information than they typically show when used with other stores. These variables include buyer name, buyer email and buyer address.
Expected behavior when using Buyer Name variable in emails
- If the order is FBA, it will never say a buyer name if the 'buyer name' variable is used.
- If the order is any merchant fulfilled order and not more than 30 days old, it will say the 'customers name' if the 'buyer name' variable is used.
- If the order is any merchant fulfilled order that is at 30 days or older and the merchant chooses to use the "buyer name" variable, it will say "redacted" if the 'buyer name' variable is used.