Before you upload contact information from an Excel spreadsheet, you will need to make sure that any blank cells contain the data that is required for upload into ShippingEasy. Learn what CSV fields are required. You can use Excel's built-in Go To Special feature to fill in blank cells quickly.
To fill in blank cells in Excel:
First, you need to select all the empty cells:
- Select columns that contain the blank cells
- On the Ribbon's Home tab, click Find & Select and click Go To Special
- In the Go To Special dialog box, click Blanks, then click OK
Next, create a formula that will copy the value from the heading above each blank cell.
With the blank cells selected, type an equal sign, to start the formula. On the keyboard, press the up arrow. This enters a reference to the cell above.
- Press the Ctrl key, then tap the Enter key to enter the formula in all the selected cells.
- Select the entire columns where you filled in the blanks with formulas
- On the Ribbon's Home tab, click Copy.
- With the columns still selected, click the drop down arrow on the Paste command, then click Paste Values.
This will turn the formulas into values in each cell to allow for sorting and filtering.
Now, you are ready to upload your complete CSV file. Learn how to: