ShippingEasy partners with Shipsurance to provide affordable shipment insurance. Learn more about Shipsurance.
What is covered by shipping insurance?
When should I insure my orders?
When considering the business case for insuring packages, a cost and risk analysis can help cement your decision. This formula, based on your own data and loss history, may prove useful:
For example, let's assume:
- You sell leather shoes with an average order value of $200
- and ship 100 pairs per month
- with a loss ratio of 1 shipment out of the 100
- Formula: 1/100 x $200 = $2
- RESULT: if it costs less than $2 on average to insure an order, it makes business sense to insure
How do I insure my shipments?
ShippingEasy provides three simple ways to insure your shipments:
- Insure individual shipments from the READY TO SHIP page. Learn more.
- Protect all shipments over a minimum value with SHIPMENT INSURANCE defaults. Learn more.
- Automatically pinpoint specific shipments to insure with SHIPPING RULES. Learn more.
How do I make a claim?
It's all online!
Submit your claim by clicking the Insured Value in your SHIPMENT HISTORY on ShippingEasy.