- Phased rollout of new Order Details view. The Order Details view on the ORDERS page has been completely redesigned. The new Order Details view features a better layout of order data. In addition, clicking the product photo will display a larger image. These changes make it easier to view order data at a glance. Over the next few weeks, the new Order Details view will be enabled on all ShippingEasy accounts. Learn more about viewing Order Details.
- Resolved an issue with ChannelAdvisor shipment notifications. When an Amazon Prime order, via ChannelAdvisor, is shipped with a FedEx One Rate package: the shipping service will be mapped to the correct ChannelAdvisor carrier service.
- Prevent Shopify stock update throttling. Stock updates to Shopify stores will abide by Shopify API rate limits, also known as throttling. ShippingEasy will retry the stock update if the limit is reached. The changes will help prevent error messages from Shopify, as well as increase successful stock updates. Learn more about Shopify stock updates.
- Download all customer history into Customer Marketing. For Customer Marketing subscribers, ShippingEasy will now import all buyers and buyer history. Previously, only 120 days worth of buyer history, prior to enabling Customer Marketing, was displayed on the CONTACTS page. This change improves the accuracy of Contact Status labels and buyer data. In particular, merchants may be able to identify more repeat and inactive customers for subsequent Campaigns. Learn more about Customer Marketing.
- New seasonal Regular Campaign templates. These templates are available in the Themed Template gallery:
- Spring Sale themed Campaign template.
- LuLaRoe-branded St. Patrick's Day themed Campaign template.
Merchants can use these to create seasonal marketing campaigns. Learn how to select a Campaign template.
- Corrected a typographic error in a Campaign Template. One of the Order Confirmation templates had a typo, which has been corrected. Learn more about Order Confirmation Campaigns.
- Resolved an issue displaying Amazon Seller Feedback comments. When a buyer leaves a three star or lower Seller Feedback rating: the comments will now display correctly on the AMAZON SELLER FEEDBACK DASHBOARD page. Learn more.