This feature is available to Inventory Management subscribers. Learn more.
Enabling inventory tracking for a store means that ShippingEasy will send automatic stock updates every 10 minutes. Learn more. Once you’ve enabled inventory tracking for a store, you may need more control over which SKUs' stock levels are updated.
ShippingEasy gives you the option to turn inventory updates on or off at the SKU level. Turning "on" updates, gives ShippingEasy permission to send stock levels for the SKU. Turning "off" prevents ShippingEasy from sending stock updates to any store for the SKU.
You can do this for individual products on the product catolog or in bulk via a CSV file.
To control stock updates to individual product SKUs
- Expand the INVENTORY menu and select PRODUCT CATALOG.
- Locate the SKU that you want to update and click on it.
- Locate the Send Inventory Updates to Stores toggle on the top left of the page and switch it to the desired setting: On or Off
The setting is automatically saved. Going forward, ShippingEasy will check your preference for this SKU to determine if automatic stock updates should be sent to your store.
Repeat this for any other SKUs in your PRODUCT CATALOG.
To control stock updates for multiple products via CSV
- Download the products you would like to control stock updates for from the product catalog by clicking on the Export Products button along the top of the Products page. Select which products to include in the CSV: Active Products, All Products (Active & Inactive) or Only Filtered Products.
- Active Products: downloads only your active products
- All Products (Active & Inactive): downloads your active and inactive products
- Only Filtered Products: downloads only the products in your current filtered view of the Product Catalog
- Once you have the downloaded CSV, locate the column for "Send Inventory Updates to Store". This field will display "On" or "Off":
- It will display On for a SKU if "Send Inventory Updates to Store" is toggled On for that SKU.
- It will display Off for a SKU if "Send Inventory Updates to Store" is toggled Off for that SKU or if "Track Inventory" is togged Off for that SKU.
Once your products have been uploaded to the product catalog, you can verify that the inventory setting is correct by clicking the product SKU and reviewing the toggle at the top of the Product Details page: