The start of a new year typically signals a change in rates across all postal carriers in the United States, as well as the addition or removing of services from their options.
An increase in UPS rates and service charges goes into effect on December 26, 2018. These increases affect a number of UPS services, with general service rates increasing an average of 4.9% and SurePost rates increasing almost 10% for both small and large shipments. Value-added service costs will also see an increase.
All rate change information is sited from UPS.com. Click here to see UPS’ complete rate change notes.
Here is a brief summary of what's changing for ShippingEasy subscribers who have connected their UPS account with ShippingEasy:
Effective December 26, 2018
Package Accessorial Changes
There will be an increase in shipping charges and fees for value-added services which could increase your overall shipping cost, notably:
- Third Party Billing Service will increase to 4.5% of total charges.
- Missing Package Level Detail (PLD) will result in a fee of $2.00 per package when not provided to UPS prior to delivery.
- Large Package Surcharge for residential/commercial packages is increasing from $80/$90 to $95/$115.
- Large Package Surcharge for International packages will increase from $80 to $95.
UPS® Ground, UPS Air and International service rates will increase an average of 4.9%
Services that will see an increase:
- SurePost will increase an average of 10%
- UPS Ground will increase an average of 4.9%
- UPS Air will increase an average of 4.9%
- UPS International will increase an average of 4.9%
Effective December 31, 2018
Domestic Air Fuel Surcharge will increase by 0.25% for all thresholds. These surcharges are adjusted weekly. View UPS fuel surcharge documents.