ShippingEasy’s Inventory Management solution provides users with tools to manage and track inventory based on their specific requirements. Setting Maximum Available Quantity is a feature that puts you in control of your inventory.
Maximum Available Quantity is the stock level you want sent to your stores regardless of how much Available stock you actually have on hand. This is most commonly used to make it look like you have less stock available than you do - which is helpful if your store platform has stock limits. This can also be used for creating urgency and increasing sales by listing on your stores and marketplaces that you have 9 or less of an item. Buyers will be more likely to purchase a product to ensure they buy before it's sold out.
When you set Maximum Available Quantity on a product, ShippingEasy will send the level you’ve entered in store updates. For example, if you have 100 Available of SKU A but have set a Maximum Available Quantity of 20 for SKU A, ShippingEasy will specify 20 of SKU A available to sell in the next update to your stores.
NOTE: Once your Available stock level drops below the Maximum Available Quantity for a product, ShippingEasy will send the real Available level in the update to your stores.
Using Maximum Available Quantity
To use Maximum Available Quantity, you must enable each specific store to use the Maximum Available Quantity level in stock updates.
After you have enabled Maximum Available Quantity for one or more stores, you set a Maximum Available Quantity level on each product so ShippingEasy knows what stock level to send in the store update. If you do not set a Maximum Available Quantity for a product, then ShippingEasy will just send the Available stock level of that product to your stores.
Adding Maximum Available Quantity to your products can be completed in two ways:
- On an individual product
- In bulk via CSV
After a Maximum Available Quantity level has been set for your products, the next stock update to the enabled stores will send the Maximum Available Quantity for each product that has a Maximum Available Quantity set.
NOTE: Adding Maximum Available Quantity to your products and enabling it for your stores does not trigger an immediate stock update to your store. You can manually trigger the stock update to send Maximum Available Quantity immediately. Learn more.
How to: Enable Maximum Available Quantity for store updates
For each store you want to enable Maximum Available Quantity, navigate to STORES & ORDERS to Edit Store Settings.
- From the blue navigation menu, click the SETTINGS tab.
- Under INTEGRATION, click on STORES & ORDERS.
- Locate the store for which you would like to enable Maximum Available Quantity for stock updates to the store. Click the Edit Store Settings link.
- Go to the "Products" tab.
Under the "Inventory Management" section, select the box next to Send Maximum Available Quantity.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
How to: Add a Maximum Available Quantity to individual Products
- Navigate to the INVENTORY tab, then select the PRODUCT CATALOG page from drop down menu.
- On the PRODUCT CATALOG page, locate the product you wish to update. Then click on the blue product name.
- On the product details page, select Edit.
- In the Max Available Quantity field, enter the quantity you want sent in stock updates to your stores.
- Click the Save Product button.
How to add a Maximum Available Quantity to multiple Products via a CSV upload:
- Prepare a CSV file for your Products, with a column dedicated to "Max Available Quantity". Learn more about which fields can be included in a CSV upload of Products. Within this column, note the Maximum Available Quantity level for each of the Product SKUs that you want to update this value for.
- Upload the CSV file of Products to ShippingEasy. Learn how to upload a CSV file of Product SKUs.