Automated campaigns are campaigns that send to a single customer automatically when certain conditions are met. ShippingEasy makes it easy to set up these “set it and forget” emails with great effectiveness.
If you prefer, feel free to watch the short video that covers the information in this section and follow along on your account:
Step by Step Guide
Go to MARKETING and select EMAIL CAMPAIGNS.
Click Create Campaign in the top left and select Automated.
At the top of the page you see the 5 steps to set up the automated campaign:
Step 1: Type
Type - This is the page that lists all campaigns available for activation. They are divided into two sections based on what they do for your business:
The increased sales emails are geared to generate revenue for your business and include the following:
- Abandoned Cart - send an email to Shopify customers that fill a shopping cart, but leave before finishing the transaction. The goal is to help them finish checking out.
- Automated Offers - a generic email for announcing sales or providing coupons, it's extremely customizable to be whatever you need it to be.
- Buy it again reminder - allows you to set a reminder for customers to repurchase a specified item they have bought, like a refill of a product designed to last 30 days.
- First Time Buyer Coupon - sent to customers after they place their first order on your site, with a customizable coupon code for discounts on future purchases.
- Lapsed Customer Winback Email - sends a reminder email to customers if they haven't made a purchase in a specified amount of time set by you.
Build Customer Relationship emails are geared to stay in communication with your customers. In this section we have six types available:
- Order Confirmed - emails your customer after the order is placed and before it's shipped, to confirm your receipt of the order
- First-Time Buyer - a thank you email sent to someone when they make their first-ever purchase from your store.
- Request Feedback - a check-in to your customer to ask if they are happy with their purchase if they need help and offers a line for them to ask questions.
- Product Review Request - solicits an email that links the customer back to the product they purchased and leaves a review. This email also displays the product or products that were purchased. This email is only available for particular platforms that include BigCommerce, eBay, Shopify, Volusion, and WooCommerce.
The two Amazon Emails at the bottom are the only emails you can send to your Amazon customers. Check out the Amazon Feedback Campaign guide for more information.
Step 2: Template
Choose from one of our premade templates to start your email off:
Step 3: Content
Once selected, you are taken into the template editor. You can watch this video below for an in-depth look at how to use the template editor:
Or check out the step-by-step guide here.
When you are satisfied with your content, select “Save and Continue”
Step 4: Audience
The audience determines to whom your email is sent, and since this is an automated campaign, we build a rule to determine when this email goes out.
The top part of this rule determines who it goes. This can be based on multiple different conditions of any of the following:
This allows you specifically target people based on things like what item they purchased, or how much the order costs.
The bottom part of the rule then determines when the email is sent, which can be based on when the order is downloaded, shipped, or delivered, either when it happens, or a specific period of time after:
Step 5: Confirm
The final step allows you to review the Reply-to Email, From Display Name, and Subject Line of your email before activating it:
Click “Activate Campaign” and confirm the activation to start sending emails! Once activated, this page shows the stats of the campaign, and allows you to pause or edit it: