SCAN Forms are a handy form that allows the Post Office to activate the tracking of multiple packages at once. SCAN Forms are done on a day-by-day basis and can activate every package that contains the same date on the label.
Step By Step Walkthrough
SCAN forms can be printed from two places within ShippingEasy:
- READY TO PRINT - Hover over SHIPMENTS on the blue bar at the top and select READY TO PRINT.
- Then click USPS SCAN right below the blue bar.
- SHIPMENT HISTORY - Hover over SHIPMENTS on the blue bar at the top and select SHIPMENT HISTORY.
- Then click USPS SCAN Form below the "Label Actions" dropdown.
- On the SCAN form page, it defaults to having every package selected with today’s post date on it. Deselect any order you do not want to be included in the form. If necessary, you can use the filters on the right side to filter down the available orders.
- When you click the Create SCAN Form button you will get this pop-up explaining that you are unable to cancel labels after they have been included in a scan form.
It is very important to make sure that no labels need to be canceled before making the SCAN form. It is best practice to make the SCAN form as close as possible to leaving for the post office or having the packages picked up.
If you need to reprint a SCAN form, the history of the last 10 days is on the right side of the page: