If you have consistently sized boxes that you use on a regular basis, you can save their dimensions inside ShippingEasy under Package Setup so you don’t have to enter them every time they are used.
Keep in mind that you do not need to add USPS Flat-Rate or Regional-Rate Boxes. Any post-office-issued packaging with a rate associated with it is already in the ShippingEasy platform by default.
Watch this short video. It covers the information in the step-by-step guide, so you can follow along on your account.
Step by Step Guide
- To set up your boxes, navigate to SETTINGS >> PACKAGE SETUP at the top of the page.
- Click add new to start a new box to save. The required dimensions are Name and Dimensions; making sure the length is the highest number entered. Most people will just use the dimensions as the name too.
- The two-weight fields work like this:
- Override weight: Overrides any other weights associated with the shipment to this one. Only set this weight if this box always has this weight when shipped; usually reserved for boxes that only ship one product.
- Add to weight: This is the weight of the box that gets added to the weight of products. Only use this weight if every product has an accurate weight in the system. Do not use if you use a scale to weigh things before shipping.