If you use a third-party logistics (3PL) warehouse to handle fulfillment of your orders, can use ShippingEasy's inventory management to track those products. When ShippingEasy begins tracking your inventory, we will automatically pull all SKUs associated with your orders into your account. If your 3PL warehouse does not fulfill all products for your store, you can adjust which products are tracked.
Follow the steps below to both limit the products that come into ShippingEasy and ensure that no orders for those additional products make it to your orders page.
To limit product uploads to those you fulfill, follow these steps.
First, create a product category
- Navigate to the SETTINGS icon from anywhere in the ShippingEasy app, then select the PRODUCT CATEGORIES SETUP page from below the SHIPMENT SETTINGS menu.
- From here, click the + Add new button in the top right hand corner. You will be brought to a new page where you can customize the category for the products that you fulfill for your client.
- Name the category accordingly like These are ones I ship and once you have finished, select Save Product Category.
Next, assign products to the category
- navigate to the INVENTORY tab, then select the PRODUCT CATALOG page from the drop down menu.
- Assign all the products that you fulfill to this category. Learn More.
Then, disable automatic product catalog uploads
For orders not assigned to that category, you will need to disable product catalog uploads from the store.
- First, navigate to the SETTINGS icon from anywhere on the website and click on the STORES& ORDERS page under the INTEGRATION column.
- Locate the store you'd like to edit and click on Edit store settings below the address of the store.
- Click on the Products tab.
- Click the checkbox to Disable automatic product catalog uploads.
- Click the Save button.
After that, upload products back to ShippingEasy
- Navigate to the INVENTORY tab, then select the PRODUCT CATALOG page from drop down menu.
- If you have products listed that are not assigned to your category, click on Download Products.
- Open the CSV you’re emailed and sort products by Category.
- For every product NOT listed in your category, change the Active status to Inactive
- Back in the Product Catalog, click on the SKU for every product NOT listed in your category.
- Toggle the Send Inventory Updates to Stores setting to OFF:
- Upload your CSV. Learn More.
This will update all SKUs that you do not fulfill to ensure that ShippingEasy will not track them and will not send updated stock levels back to your stores
Last, set available stock at store
- Go to SETTINGS>>STORES& ORDERS and click on the Edit Store Settings button for the store you will be working with.
- Click on the Products tab
- Check the option to Set Available Stock at Store.
ShippingEasy will now only be tracking the products that are in the category you set up!
To clear orders not associated with these products
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "We Fulfill"
- Set the If condition to be: If Product category | Is not equal to | We Fulfill
- Set the Then condition to be: Clear the order
- Click on Save Rule.