ShippingEasy’s Inventory Management solution gives you the tools you need to manage and track your inventory including stock replenishment. Lead Time is an important factor when it comes to determining how much stock to purchase when reordering.
Lead Time is the number of days between when your supplier receives your purchase order and the inventory is delivered to you. Typically, it’s critical to factor in your expected sales during the lead time when creating a PO to ensure you have enough stock to fulfill all orders before you reorder inventory again.
Lead Time will be applied in one of two ways:
- Universal Lead Time: If you set a Lead Time on the Inventory Settings page and there is not a Lead Time set on individual products, this Lead Time will be applied to all products.
- Individual Lead Time: If you have set a Lead Time on an individual product page, this value will override the Universal Lead Time set.
How to: Set up a universal Lead Time for all Products
Universal Lead Time is applied to all self-managed inventory saved to your PRODUCTS catalog.
- From the navigation page, click the SETTINGS tab.
- Under "ACCOUNT SETTINGS", click on INVENTORY SETTINGS.
- Within the Lead Time field, enter the number of days it takes to receive inventory for your products.
- Save the change.
How to: Add a Lead Time individual Products one-by-one
- Navigate to the INVENTORY tab, then select the PRODUCT CATALOG page from drop down menu.
- On the PRODUCT CATALOG page, locate the product you wish to update. Then click on the blue product name.
- On the product details page, expand the Actions menu and select Edit product.
- In the Lead Time field, enter the number of days it takes to receive the inventory for this product.
- Click the Save Product button.
How to: Add a Lead Time to individual Products in bulk via a CSV upload
- Prepare a CSV file for your Products, with a column dedicated to "Lead Time". Learn more about which fields can be included in a CSV upload of Products. Within this column, note the Safety Stock value for each of your Product SKUs stored in your warehouse.
- Upload the CSV file of Products to ShippingEasy. Learn how to upload a CSV file of Product SKUs.