ShippingEasy REPORTS include a number of preconfigured reports. These reports accommodate the reporting needs of most shipping operations. They can also be scheduled to be emailed to you on a recurring basis. Though the columns cannot be edited or rearranged, they make for easy access to your inventory data. Learn more about REPORTS.
The Forecasting & Replenishment Report is available to all ShippingEasy Inventory Management users and utilized the actual sales velocity of your products to predict future sales and makes stock replenishment recommendations based on the sales history and forecast periods that you choose.
To generate the report, navigate to the INVENTORY tab from anywhere in ShippingEasy by hovering over INVENTORY then selecting REPORTS.
This data is activated by selecting a Sales History period and Forecast Period to run the report.
Choose the Sales History period that best represents the velocity you expect for sales in the Forecast Period. Usually a more recent sales history better represents the upcoming sales period. Typically, the Forecast Period chosen should cover the amount of time until you plan to reorder stock again as the QTB (Quantity to Buy) recommendation will be calculated to cover projected sales in the forecast period only.
Sales History options:
- 7 day
- 14 day
- 30 day
- 60 day
- 90 day
NOTE: Sales Velocity is calculated using your actual sales history. For new ShippingEasy users, an import of the last 90-days of sales per SKU will happen automatically when you integrate a new store.
Forecast Period options:
- 7 day
- 14 day
- 30 day
- 60 day
- 90 day
- 120 day
- 180 day
NOTE: when you first load the Forecasting & Replenishment Report, the Sales History and Forecast Period options selected will match the defaults you’ve set on the INVENTORY SETTINGS page. Learn more.
- Active SKUs
- Variant SKUs
The inventory data in the Inventory Status report is rounded as follows:
- Velocity is rounded down to the nearest tenth (e.g. 9.7).
- Stockout and DTR are rounded down to the nearest day.
- Lead Demand, Projected Available, Projected Sales and QTB are rounded up to the nearest unit.
The inventory data in the Inventory Status report includes:
- Alias SKUs (SKU | SKU)
- Item Name
- Supplier Name (Supplier | Supplier)
- Units Sold
- Velocity: expressed as units per day, based on the Sales History period
- Available stock
- Awaiting stock
- Stockout: days until Available stock is zero
- If Velocity is zero, Stockout will be blank as there is no rate to determine when Available stock will run out.
- If Available stock is negative (ie. you've oversold the product), Stockout will be negative as you're past-due to reorder.
- Lead Time: user-defined value that identifies the amount of time between when a PO is placed and the replenishment order is received - set globally from Inventory Settings or on the individual product
- Lead Demand: projected demand during the lead time
- Projected Available: projected remaining Available stock taking into account Awaiting Stock and Projected Sales
- Projected Sales: projected sales during the reorder period (Lead Time + Forecast Period)
- DTR (Days to Reorder): the number of days until a PO must be placed to avoid stockout
- If Velocity is zero, DTR will be blank as there is no rate to determine when Available stock will run out.
- If Available stock is negative (ie. you've oversold the product), DTR will be negative as you're past-due to reorder.
- QTB (Quantity to Buy): the recommended quantity to buy in order to have enough inventory to fulfill all orders through the reorder period - takes into account the In-stock Expectation set on Inventory Settings
- No data is reported for SKUs that are inactive.
- No data is reported for Bundle SKUs. While sales from the Bundle SKU are included in velocity metrics used to calculate forecast and replenishment suggestions, only the component SKUs that would be reordered are displayed in the report.