For shippers that frequently utilize drop-shipping, billing a third-party account allows you to take advantage of steeper discounts available for larger shipments. Get started by setting up third-party billing on your UPS, FedEx, or DHL carrier accounts to make them available for shipments on the READY TO SHIP page. Learn more.
Once you have input your third-party billing information, you need to set up a Shipping Preset to pair it with. Shipping Presets is a time-saving feature that automatically fills in your most commonly used carrier and package services on the READY TO SHIP page. For Shipping Presets used for third-party billing, it is not necessary to set a specific package - unless you know for certain you will be shipping in that package every time.
You can streamline your billing even more by setting up a shipping rule that automatically applies your saved accounts to specified orders. Before you set a third-party billing rule, make sure:
- A third-party billing account has been set.
- A Shipping Preset for that postage account has been set.
Assign Third-Party Billing to Shipments Automatically
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click Add New.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Bill to 3rd party account".
- Set the IF condition to correspond to the order status that you want to be billed to a third-party. View all conditions available for setting Shipping Rules.
In this example, we are using a requested service to trigger a third-party to be billed: Requested Service | Is equal to | USPS Priority Mail Express
- ShippingEasy bills third-party accounts based on the carrier attached to them.
You will need to set two THEN actions, the first one for the Shipping Preset and the second for the third-party billing:
- Save your new rule! This rule will be applied to all future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy.
- To apply this rule to open orders, go to the ORDERS page, select all of your orders, and then use the More button to bring up a drop-down list. From there, you can select Rerun Shipping Rules.