For shippers that frequently utilize drop-shipping, billing a third party account allows you to take advantage of steeper discounts available for larger shipments. Get started by setting up third-party billing on your UPS, FedEx or DHL carrier accounts to make them available for shipments on the READY TO SHIP page. Learn more.
Once you have input your Third-Party billing information, you need to set up a Shipping Preset to pair it with. Shipping Presets are a time-saving feature that automatically fills in your most commonly used carrier and package services on the READY TO SHIP page. For Shipping Presets used for Third-Party billing, it is not necessary to set a specific package - unless you know for certain you will be shipping in that package every time.
You can streamline your billing even more by setting up a shipping rule that automatically applies your saved accounts to specified orders. Before you set a Third Party billing rule, make sure:
- A Third-Party billing account has been set. Learn more.
- A Shipping Preset for that postage account has been set. Learn more.
Assign Third Party Billing to Shipments Automatically
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "FedEx 2Day".
- Set the "IF" condition to correspond to the order status that you want billed to a third party. View all conditions available for setting Shipping Rules.
In this example, we are using a requested service to trigger a third party be billed: Requested Service | Is equal to | FedEx 2Day
- ShippingEasy bills third party accounts based on the carrier attached to them.
You will need to set two "THEN" actions, the first one for the Shipping Preset and the second for the Third Party billing:
- Save your new rule! This rule will be applied to all future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy.
- If you have orders that you’d like to use this on that are currently in your ORDERS page, go to the orders page, select all of your orders, and then use the More button to bring up a drop down list. From there, you can select to Rerun Shipping Rules.