To meet consumer demand for a quick turnaround time, Amazon has set their current default handling time to 1 - 2 days. If you know you may not be able to meet this metric, you can update your handling time to a range that still allows you to quickly fulfill your orders while setting reasonable expectations with your customers
In ShippingEasy, you can set different handling times based on a Product SKU level or on your Amazon store level.
How to: Set a Handling Time on the SKU level
For individual products in your Amazon store that are going to take longer to fulfill, you can set a different handling time for that SKU.
- Click INVENTORY and select PRODUCTS from the drop down.
- Click the item SKU number you wish to set the handling time for.
- On the Product details page, select Edit in the top right corner.
- Select a the correct Handling Time from the drop down option.
- Click Save Product.
- The Handling Time for that product is saved and will now be displayed on the Product details page:
How to: Set a Handling Time on the Amazon store level
If you want to update the handling time for all products in your Amazon store, follow these steps.
- From the SETTINGS page, select STORES & ORDERS.
- Select Edit Store Settings for your connected Amazon store:
- Under the Products tab, scroll down to the Inventory Management section. There you can select a Handling Time from the drop down:
- Select Save and this new Handling Time will now be sent to your Amazon SKUs during inventory updates unless there is a Handling Time specified for a specific SKU.