ShippingEasy remembers the carrier, service, weight, and packaging type used for every order that you ship. As new orders - with the same list of products - pull into your account, ShippingEasy will automatically default to the previous shipment selections that you made.
By automatically assigning your previous selections to new orders ShippingEasy is also able to provide rate quotes on the ORDERS page so that in an instant, you can buy and print those labels. No set up required!
How Previous Selections Work
For each order that you ship, ShippingEasy will remember the carrier, service, weight, and packaging type so that when another order with the same product SKUs and quantities arrives, ShippingEasy will automatically default to the previous shipment selections that you made.
Previous Selections do not apply to Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime orders because Amazon controls the list of valid carriers and services on a per-order basis.
Do I need to configure any settings to use previous selections?
It is not required but highly recommended to set up the Products Catalog, as well as add SKUs into your store platform/website.
As soon as you start shipping, ShippingEasy will remember your carrier, service, weight, and packaging type selections and then apply any previous selections that you have made to new orders with the same list of products.
Can I see if a previous selection has been applied to an order?
Yes. There is an optional column on the ORDERS page, "Shipping Preset", which will display the previous selection. Learn how to customize which columns are displayed.
- If a previous selection has been applied to an order: then it is shown in "Shipping Preset". Any rate quotes shown will be for the specified previous selection.
- If no previous selection was applied: then "Shipping Preset" will be blank.
- If a shipping rule has been applied to an order: then it is shown in the Order Details box that appears after clicking on the order number. Any rate quotes shown will be for the specified shipping service set via the shipping rule.
Can I see if a rate quote was obtained for a previous selection?
Yes. There is an optional column on the ORDERS page, "$Rate", which will display the rate quote. Learn how to customize which columns are displayed.
- If a rate quote was obtained: it is shown in "$Rate". Click the "Buy" button displayed to purchase the label.
- If no rate quote was available: then "$Rate" indicates No Rate
- If some sort of error prevented a rate quote from being obtained: an error indicator is shown; hover over it to get the details.
Can I filter my orders for just those with a successful rate quote?
Yes. There is a filter on the left-hand side of the ORDERS page, "Rate Quote", that makes it easy to filter to just the orders that have a valid rate quote.
Just expand the "Rate Quote" filter and select With a rate quote. Your orders will filter to display only those that returned a successful rate quote.
Can I see specifics of a previous selection that is assigned to an order?
Yes. There is an optional column on the ORDERS page, "Shipping preset", which will indicate which carrier, service and packaging type has been applied to each order. Learn how to customize which columns are displayed.
- If a previous selection has been applied to an order: then the specific carrier, service, and packaging type applied can be viewed in the "i" information hover message.
How do I change the previous selection?
Can I ship from the ORDERS page?
Yes. ShippingEasy will try to get a rate quote for any orders with previous selections applied. If the rate quote is successful, a label can be purchased from the ORDERS page by selecting the order and then clicking the "Buy" button after hovering over the rate. Learn more about Instant Rates. Alternatively, you can use the Buy Labels button to purchase multiple labels at once. Learn how to buy labels from the ORDERS page.
Do previous selections override shipping presets applied via rules?
No. Shipping presets set via a shipping rule will override a previous selection on an order. Learn how to assign shipping presets via a shipping rule.