If you use a third party inventory management system, such as ChannelAdvisor, Stitch Labs or SolidCommerce, you likely have orders from multiple platforms all syncing into that one source. Sometimes these individual platforms, such as Amazon, require that you only send emails through their server. In other cases, you may want to uniquely brand communications for each individual sales channel. By using Shipping Rules, you can customize which email template is applied based on the Sales Channel.
TIP: before setting up this rule, be sure to create a custom email template for each sales channel. Learn more.
To assign your customized confirmation email to orders per destination:
- From the blue navigation bar, click the SETTINGS tab. Then select SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Shipment Notification Rule"
- Set the "IF" conditions to Store and Sales channel, to reflect the store and corresponding sales channel you want to set up with unique emails.
In our example, we want to send a unique confirmation email to our eBay orders which are synced through our ChannelAdvisor account.
Store | Is equal to | [Platform that is directly integrated]
Sales channel | Is equal to | [Platform that is integrated through the third party]
You can also set additional conditions if you would like to narrow your qualifying orders further.
- Set the "THEN" action to Set shipment notice template and select the template you’ve created from the drop down menu.
Set shipment notice template | [Confirmation email specific to the sales channel]
- Check the box next to Create a shipment for each order that meets the condition of this rule. This will send your orders to the READY TO SHIP page.
- Save your new rule! This rule will be applied to all future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy.
How to: Create a custom Email Template and save it to your store
Know How: Capitalize on packing slips + notification emails
FAQs: Shipping Rules / Mapping
Best of Rules: Send a promotional shipment email during the holidays
Know How: Map processes + use rules to improve efficiency