This feature is available to existing Inventory Management subscribers. Learn more about using the ShippingEasy Product Catalog.
At this time, we are not currently developing new features or functionality for our Inventory solution. This means that at this time we cannot address the issues you have with the current system. However, we do expect that in 2022, we will be introducing a new and improved Inventory experience.
ShippingEasy's Inventory Management solution makes it easy to generate Purchase Orders when you associate a Supplier with individual SKUs. By mapping your Products to Suppliers, you are able to add more details to Products, including the Supplier SKU and Unit Cost. This data can be populated to Purchase Orders, to streamline restocking.
Products and Suppliers can be paired in a couple of ways - either by adding the Supplier to the Product entry or by adding the Product to the Supplier entry.
Add a Supplier to a Product
- Go to PRODUCTS then the PRODUCT CATALOG.
- On the PRODUCTS page, locate the product you wish to associate with one of your Suppliers. Then click on the blue Product name.
- On the Product details page, toggle to the Suppliers tab.
- Use the Supplier search to look up your saved Supplier by name or ID.
- Click the Supplier you wish to add and it will populate the list below.
Only existing Suppliers can be added to Products. Learn how to save a Supplier.
- The changes will save automatically.
If you make a mistake, you can remove the Supplier by clicking the "X" button to the right of the Supplier entry.
Add a Product to a Supplier
- Go to the PRODUCTS then the SUPPLIERS page from the drop-down menu.
- On the SUPPLIERS page, locate the Supplier you wish to associate with one or more Products. Then click on the blue Supplier name.
- On the Supplier details page, scroll down to the "Products" section.
- Use the Product Search to locate Products by name or SKU.
- Click the Products you wish to add and they will populate the list below.
Only existing Products can be added to Suppliers. Learn how to save a Product.
- The changes will save automatically.
If you make a mistake, you can remove the Product by clicking the "X" button to the right of the Product entry.
Add multiple Products to a Supplier via CSV
Uploading a CSV file is a quick way to add multiple products to suppliers in ShippingEasy. If you want to associate suppliers with current products already listed in ShippingEasy, you can export your products list before re-uploading. Learn more.
Once you have a product list, create a CSV file with at least two columns to add suppliers: SKU and Suppliers.
Follow these steps to associate suppliers in a CSV:
- In the SKU column, include all of the product SKUs that you want to assign suppliers to.
- In the Suppliers column, include each supplier that you would like to add to the product. All suppliers that you will be assigned via the upload must be added to your Suppliers list in your ShippingEasy account before starting the upload. Learn more about adding Suppliers.
In the Suppliers column, always list all suppliers that should be assigned to the product as this column is set with each upload.
- The format for the Suppliers column on the CSV file is:
Supplier Name: Supplier SKU: Unit Cost
Supplier SKU is the stock keeping unit assigned by your supplier to identify the product(s) when re-ordering.
Unit Cost is the per-unit cost of a product for a specified supplier.
If there are multiple suppliers assigned to a product, separate them with a vertical bar separator.
Multiple Suppliers per SKU example:
Supplier Name: Supplier SKU: Unit Cost | Supplier Name: Supplier SKU: Unit Cost
If you do not have a Supplier SKU or Unit Cost, that segment still needs to be included in the upload.
No Supplier SKU example:
Supplier Name:: Unit Cost
No Unit Cost example:
Supplier Name: Supplier SKU:
- Once the CSV file is ready, you'll save it and upload it via the "Upload Products" action on your PRODUCTS page. Learn more.