If you require additional security when setting up your Magento (2.x) integration, setting up a dedicated user with specific access and permissions is a great way to accomplish this. To set this up, you’ll need to create a new user and assign that new user a new role within Magento first.
To set up a separate user login for Magento (2.x) integration:
- Login to your Magento store using your Administrator account. This is usually the account you used to create your Magento store.
- First we need to create a new “role” with the right permissions before you can create the new user. Go to System, then select User Roles.
- Click Add New Role.
- On the Role Information page, enter in a new name for Role Name and the password is your administrative password. This verifies that you are the right person to create this new role.
- Go to Role Resources. Here you will need to select the permissions groups, including Sales, Products, and Stores.
- Then click Save Role.
- Now it's time to create a new user. Go to System, then select All Users.
- Click Add New User.
- Fill out the information requested. When asked for password, use your administrative password.
- Lastly, we need to assign the new role to the new user you created. Go to Settings, then select User Roles.
- Then select the "new role" you created.
- Take the user email and password of the account you just created and go to SETTINGS>STORES in ShippingEasy to modify your current Magento integration or create a new one.