ShippingEasy provides the option to save your Suppliers. This makes generating Purchase Orders a breeze. If you ever find that one of your Suppliers' contact information has changed, you can edit the Supplier to update your records.
How to: Edit individual Suppliers
- Go to SUPPLIERS from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the Supplier you wish to edit and click on their name.
- On the Supplier details page, expand the Actions menu and click Edit supplier.
- Make any edits that you need. You have the ability to edit:
- Suppliers details
- Supplier contact information
- Add a new address
- Add multiple addresses
- Set an address as a default
- Remove an address
It is not possible to remove the default address
- Click Save Supplier.
How to: Edit multiple Suppliers via CSV file
Consider the following when updating suppliers via a CSV file.
- It is not necessary to pare down the data to only the items that require updates. Rather, a file with a complete listing of all your suppliers will work just as well as one limited to only suppliers with updates. ShippingEasy will review the file for (1) new suppliers and (2) updated suppliers. All others will be ignored. New suppliers will be added. Update suppliers will be edited to reflect new data. An existing Supplier ID cannot be changed.
- The Supplier ID column must be mapped for every Supplier upload. When adding new Suppliers, leave the ID blank. When updating existing Suppliers, enter the assigned ID. Learn more about finding assigned Supplier IDs and formatting a Supplier CSV file.
- On the SUPPLIERS page and with a prepared CSV file on hand, click the grey Upload Products link.
- From the CSV file menu, click Browse. After selecting your file, click Upload file.
- On the "Upload CSV: Supplier Import" page, map the "Source Column" to the "ShippingEasy Column". Then select Continue.
The Supplier ID column must be mapped for every Supplier upload. When adding new Suppliers, leave the ID blank. When updating existing Suppliers, enter the assigned ID. Learn how to find a Supplier ID.
- Your file will be displayed in the "Current Uploads" section. Once ShippingEasy has finished processing the data, a green Ready button will appear. Click the button.
- You will have the option to review the data. Edit any fields that require an additional update by clicking the field. An edit dialog will appear. Once all the data looks in order, click the Complete Upload button.
- Your new suppliers will now be updated!