This video shows you how to set up low stock thresholds and alerts. When these are properly configured, overselling is a thing of the past.
ShippingEasy's Inventory Management solution simplifies the task of monitoring your stock levels. Not only can you track your current levels, but you can also set up alerts for when your stock levels reach a Low Stock Threshold.
Low Stock Thresholds will be applied in one of three ways:
- Universal Low Stock Threshold: If you set a low stock threshold on the Inventory Settings page and there are no other threshold settings, this threshold will be applied to all products.
- Categorical Threshold Settings: If you have assigned a product to a product category with Low Stock Threshold assigned, and there are no individual threshold settings, this threshold will be applied to all products. Learn more about creating an Product Category.
- Individual Threshold Settings: If you have set a threshold on an individual product page, this threshold will override any other threshold settings for products.
The threshold will be applied in the following order:
Universal Low Stock Threshold --> Categorical Threshold Settings --> Individual Threshold Settings
Once a Low Stock Threshold has been set for your Products, ShippingEasy will notify you when your stock levels drop below this level. This notice will appear in the ALERTS at the top of your account.
Once you have set up your Low Stock Thresholds, learn more about checking for Low Stock Products.
How to: Set up a universal Low Stock Threshold for all Products
Universal Low Stock Thresholds are applied to all self-managed inventory saved to your PRODUCTS catalog.
NOTE: if you also import FBA available inventory levels, the "universal" Low Stock Threshold will not affect the FBA Low Stock Thresholds. Learn more about importing FBA inventory.
- From the navigation page, click the SETTINGS tab.
- Under "ACCOUNT SETTINGS", click on INVENTORY SETTINGS.
- Within the Stock level threshold field, adjust the number to set the minimum quantity you wish to keep on hand for all products.
- Save the change.
How to: Add a Low Stock Threshold to individual Products
- Navigate to the INVENTORY tab, then select the PRODUCTS page from drop down menu.
- On the PRODUCTS page, locate the product you wish to update. Then click on the blue product name.
- On the product details page, expand the Actions menu and select Edit product.
- In the Low Stock Threshold field, enter the minimum quantity you wish to have on hand in you warehouse for this product.
NOTE: if you also import FBA available inventory levels, you also have the option to set a separate Low Stock Threshold for FBA inventory. If this is not set, you will not receive alerts of you Low FBA Inventory. Learn more about importing FBA inventory.
In the FBA Low Stock Threshold field, enter the minimum quantity you wish to have on hand in an Amazon Fulfillment Network warehouse for this product.
- Click the Save Product button.
How to: Add a Low Stock Threshold to multiple Products via a CSV upload
- Prepare a CSV file for your Products, with a column dedicated to "Low Stock Threshold". Learn more about which fields can be included in a CSV upload of Products. Within this column, note the Low Stock Threshold for each of your Product SKUs stored in your warehouse.
NOTE: if you also import FBA available inventory levels, you also have the option to set a separate Low Stock Threshold for FBA inventory. Learn more about importing FBA inventory.
When preparing your CSV file, add an additional column dedicated to "FBA Low Stock Threshold". Within this column, note the FBA Low Stock Threshold for each of your Product SKUs stored in an Amazon Fulfillment Network warehouse.
- Upload the CSV file of Products to ShippingEasy. Learn how to upload a CSV file of Product SKUs.