In Magento third party payment processors like PayPal and Authorize.net provide an option to select when you capture payment on your orders. You can select to capture payment either:
- On checkout.
- After the order has been shipped.
Each payment processor uses a unique process for capturing payments:
- PayPal: when you use PayPal your payment action can be set to "Authorize" or "Sale". If you select "Authorize" then payment for your orders will not be processed until after they have been shipped.
- Authorize.net: when you use Authorize.net your payment action can be set to "Authorize" or "Authorize and Capture". If you select "Authorize" then Magento will only confirm the payment method is valid and the funds are available, it will not charge the payment on checkout.
By default, ShippingEasy will not capture payment on Magento orders. So, if you decide to only "Authorize" your payments on checkout, you have two options:
- Manually capture payments.
- Request that ShippingEasy prompt Magento to capture the funds for your orders on shipment creation.
In order for ShippingEasy to help with capturing payments, you will need to update your settings within ShippingEasy.
IMPORTANT: ShippingEasy is unable to capture payments for Magento orders that are split within ShippingEasy, and then processed as multiple shipments. If this describes your workflow, please consider the following options:
- If you must split Magento orders in ShippingEasy, do not enable the capture payment setting in ShippingEasy.
- If you must capture payments via ShippingEasy, opt to disable automatic downloads of your Magento orders. Then split orders in Magento before manually syncing them with ShippingEasy. Learn more.
NOTE: these steps apply to both Magento v1.x and Magento v2.x stores.
To capture a payment in Magento via ShippingEasy:
- Navigate to SETTINGS > STORES & ORDERS.
- Under your Magento store, click Edit Store Settings.
- Scroll down to the "Capture Payment on Shipment" section and check the box to capture payment when updating shipment details back to this store.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Save your changes.
How to use ShippingEasy with Magento
Troubleshoot: Syncing Magento orders
How to: Export my product data from Magento
How to: Select which statuses sync from my Magento store
How to use ShippingEasy with PayPal