ShippingEasy REPORTS include a number preconfigured reports. These reports accommodate the reporting needs of most shipping operations. They can also be scheduled to be emailed to you on a recurring basis. Though the columns cannot be edited or rearranged, they make for easy access to your shipping data. Learn more about REPORTS.
The Shipping Margins (All) report provides data on the shipping margin for all orders with one or more shipments within the specified date range. Learn how to create a Shipping Margin report.
- Orders shipped within ShippingEasy
- Orders marked as drop shipped. Learn more.
- Amazon Fulfillment Network shipments. Learn more.
Cancelled shipments are not displayed in the Shipping Margin Report.
Data is totaled by Destination Country:
This helps you review the total shipping margin for each of your international shipping destinations. The many applications of this report include:
- identifying countries that make a positive shipping margin. Then you can pass on specific shipping discounts to your customers. Also use it for tax reporting, if your state requires it.
- identifying countries with a negative shipping margin. Use this to revise the shipping costs you extend to customers and/or raise your minimum purchase amount required for free or flat rate shipping.
The shipment data in the Shipping Margin (All) report includes:
- Order Number
- Order Date
- Ship Date
- Gross Product Revenue: [ Order Total + Discount - (Sales Tax + Shipping Paid by customer ) ]
- Discount Amount
- Shipping Paid (by customer)
- Sales Tax
- Order Total
- Gross Profit: [ Order Total + Discount - (Sales Tax + Shipping Paid by customer + Total Wholesale Price ) ]
- Total Wholesale Price
- Number of Shipments
- Destination Country
- Destination State/Province
- Destination City
- Total Shipping Cost: [ total cost of all shipments for the order ]
- Total Insurance Cost: [ total cost of all insurance premiums on all shipments for the order ]
- Shipping Margin: [ Shipping Paid by customer - ( Total Shipping Cost + Total Insurance Cost) ]
NOTE: there is special handling of data for unique shipping scenarios.
- Duplicate Shipments: these are shipments created from the SHIPMENT HISTORY page. They are only included in the report if the original shipment for the order occurred in the selected date range. Included in the report means that the cost of each duplicate shipment is used when calculating the shipping margin for the order. The revenue from the order is not double counted. Learn more about duplicating shipments.
- Split Orders: these are created from the ORDERS page. They are only included in the report if all of the resulting split orders have all shipments within the selected date range. Within the report, the cost the cost of each shipment is used when calculating the shipping margin for the order. The revenue from the order is not double counted. Learn more about how split order totals are calculated.
- Combined Orders: these are created from the ORDERS page. When combined, ShippingEasy only maintains the Order Total and Shipping Paid (by customer) from one of the original orders. As such, combined orders are not guaranteed to have their shipping margin calculated accurately. Learn more.