Shipping carriers routinely update their products, adding or removing features and services, as well as adjusting rates. These changes usually occur at the start of the year. For 2016, all major carriers are planning for rate and service changes.
The UPS rate and service changes go into effect on December 28, 2015, with some changes delayed until January 4, 2016. The changes will impact domestic and international, as well as package and freight services.
All rate change information is sited from UPS.com. Click here to see UPS’ complete rate change notes.
Here is a brief summary of what's changing for ShippingEasy subscribers who have connected their UPS account with ShippingEasy:
Effective December 28, 2015:
- Ground, Air, and International services will see rate increases, averaging 5%.
- All surcharges are increasing, including residential delivery fee (up $0.15 per parcel).
- UPS Next Day Air® Early service being expanded by 4,500 zip codes
- Standard List rates will be combined with the Daily rates and will be published under the name Daily rates. Customers with Standard List rates should reference the combined Daily rates
Find details about specific rates, fees, and surcharges:
Effective January 4, 2016:
- UPS will institute a Third-Party Billing Service of 2.5% applicable to the total charges on all packages that are billed to third parties.
NOTE: the figures that UPS is sharing are only averages; some rates may vary by one percent or more.
USPS announces rate and service changes on Jan 17th, 2016
FedEx announces rate changes in Nov 2015 and Jan 2016
How to: Connect a UPS account with ShippingEasy
How do I get billed for UPS postage printed in ShippingEasy?
How do I contact UPS?