If you have integrated an existing DHL Express account with ShippingEasy, you'll have the option to bill your DHL Express shipments to your account or a third party. Learn more about connecting your DHL Express account.
To specify billing to a third party for both individual shipments and batches:
When applied to a batch, individual orders can be edited to bill to a different third party as needed. Learn more about editing individual shipments in a batch.
- From the READY TO SHIP page, select an order that needs to be billed to a third party DHL Express account.
- Make your Carrier, Carrier Service, Packaging, and Weight selections.
- Once a rate has appeared, you'll see an additional "Billing" dialog appear below the "Carrier Selections" dialog. By default, the Bill Shipment To menu is set to Sender.
- Click the Bill Shipment To menu and select Third Party. The dialog will refresh and options to input the Account Number. This is a required field.
NOTE: ShippingEasy is unable to verify that the Account Number is correct. If it does not match a known Account Number, the postage will be billed to Sender.
- Enter the third party billing information. If you would like to save the account information for future use, check the Save Third Party Billing option.
- Finish processing your shipment as usual. Rather than invoicing your account, DHL Express will invoice the third party account.
You will see that account number on the "archive" label. This is the label that you keep, instead of placing on the package. Under "Payment Code", the third party account number will be displayed instead of your own account number.
How to: Connect a DHL Express account with ShippingEasy
If I bill to a third party will I see their rates or just my own?
How to: Edit a shipment within a Batch
How do I save Third Party account credentials?
DHL Express FAQs