Many shippers base their domestic shipping decisions on the Zone of a shipment. Although ShippingEasy packing slips do not feature a "Zone" variable to automatically display the Zone of a shipment, we have a practical workaround.
First, create multiple Packing Slip Templates which include a note about the Zone; one template for each Zone or group of Zones that you would like to specifically mention on your packing slips.
Second, create a set of Shipping Rules that assign each unique template to orders based on the shipment's Zone.
Then, your Packing Slips will display the shipping Zone!
To create the Packing Slip Templates:
- Follow the steps in our custom Packing Slip Template guide to get started customizing your Packing Slip Template.
- Within the template editor, place the cursor where you would like the note and type the name of one Zone.
Ex: Shipping Note: Zone 1
- Save the template, but do not assign the template to your PACKING SLIPS page.
- Repeat these steps for each Zone (1-9) for which you would like to generate a unique packing slip.
To create Shipping Rules that assign the Packing Slip Templates:
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Zone 3".
- Set the "IF" condition to the specific zone:
Zone| is equal to| 3
- Set the "THEN" action to the corresponding packing slip template:
Set packing slip template | Zone 3
- By default, your rule will be applied to orders on the ORDERS page. If you'd like to automatically create a shipment for these orders and their packing slips, you can select to do so.
- Click Save and repeat these steps for each Zone that you need called out on a packing slip.
What is a Zone?
What is Priority Mail Regional Rate shipping?
Best of Rules: Assign unique confirmation emails to orders per destination
Best of Rules: Assign unique packing slips to orders per store
Best of Rules: Print a special packing slip for gift orders