Many shippers base their domestic shipping decisions on the Zone of a shipment. Although ShippingEasy packing slips do not feature a "Zone" variable to automatically display the Zone of a shipment, we have a practical workaround.
First, create multiple Packing Slip Templates which include a note about the Zone; one template for each Zone or group of Zones that you would like to specifically mention on your packing slips.
Second, create a set of Shipping Rules that assign each unique template to orders based on the shipment's Zone.
Then, your Packing Slips will display the shipping Zone!
Create the Packing Slip Templates
- Follow the steps in our custom Packing Slip Template guide to get started customizing your Packing Slip Template.
- Within the template editor, place the cursor where you would like the note and type the name of one Zone.
Ex: Shipping Note: Zone 1
- Save the template, but do not assign the template to your PACKING SLIPS page.
- Repeat these steps for each Zone (1-9) for which you would like to generate a unique packing slip.
Create Shipping Rules that Assign the Packing Slip Templates
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Zone 3".
- Set the "IF" condition to the specific zone:
Zone | is equal to | 3
- Set the "THEN" action to the corresponding packing slip template:
Set packing slip template | Zone 3
- By default, your rule will be applied to orders on the ORDERS page. If you'd like to automatically create a shipment for these orders and their packing slips, you can select to do so.
- Click Save and repeat these steps for each Zone that you need called out on a packing slip.