There may be times when it is necessary to recalibrate your Zebra printer in order to solve issues such as margin setting and offset not working, as well as an improper label or image alignment. The printer needs to be calibrated for the label stock currently loaded.
To calibrate, find your model of Zebra printer and follow these steps
- With the printer powered up, hold down the feed button
- Wait until you get the "two flash" sequence from the status light (the printer will first flash once, then twice).
- After the two-flash, release the feed button.
Zebra ZP-450, ZP-500, ZP-505:
- With the printer powered up, hold down the feed button.
- Wait until you get the "four flash" sequence from the status light (the printer will first flash once, then twice, then three times, then four times).
- After the four-flash, release the feed button.
- Turn off the printer power using the power switch on the back of the printer.
- On the printer, hold the feed button down and turn the power back on
- As soon as the feed button starts to blink red, release the feed button. The printer will cycle through several labels.
- Once it is done, press the feed button one more time to get the printer out of sleep mode.
- Go to Devices and Printers
- Select the ZM400 icon
- Select Printing Preferences
- Select the tab Advanced Setup
- Select Calibrate