Welcome to our "Know How" series - we share ways to maximize your success! See all best practices.
We agree, there's nothing like the anticipation of orders streaming through your store! Your customers will be equally excited to receive your products. So, you'll need to be prepared to ship them out quickly.
Saved Carrier Selections ensure that your most commonly used shipping options are easily accessible and allow you to ship the fastest way for your company!
First, identify which services you will use this season:
There are dozens of carrier services available. Knowing which carrier services will get your packages to your customers in time and at the lowest price will ensure that you maximize your profits.
Meet a deadline:
Depending on your selling season, you may have a hard deadline to meet. Many carriers post cut-off dates - deadlines to get your packages in the mail stream to be delivered in time for key holidays.
It's best to be prepared to use at least one overnight service. These are the fastest services available through ShippingEasy:
Then also identify one or more standard services, which will ensure a timely delivery at a lower cost. These are the most popular options:Learn more about all the available mail classes available in ShippingEasy
TIP: your ShippingEasy account includes an Endicia account, make sure it's set up to get access to all USPS services. If you have an existing UPS or FedEx account, connect these to access your negotiated rates. Learn more.
Manage your costs:
As one might expect, the faster the service, the more it will cost. There may be circumstances where a package must be delivered next day. However, you will find considerable cost savings when delivery can be delayed a few days.
As much as possible, plan ahead to avoid the extra cost. However, on-time delivery is well worth it when your customer buys from you again!
Next, save combinations of carriers and services that made your short list:
Using ShippingEasy's Saved Carrier Selection database will give you quick access to the services that you're going to use daily, as well as open up a range of shipping options:
- Faster processing on the READY TO SHIP page. Learn more.
- Automatically assign your Saved Selections to orders with Shipping Rules. Ex: learn how to use your customers requested service to assign a Saved Carrier Selection.
- One page shipping options available from the ORDERS page:
TIP: before you set up your Saved Carrier Selections, make sure that you've saved your frequently used package types. Check out our seasonal "packaging" tips.
To set up a Saved Carrier Selection:
Saved Carrier Selections are set up on the READY TO SHIP page.
NOTE: you'll need create a shipment in order to access your carrier accounts' services; however, you do not need to ship the order or purchase the label to create the Saved Carrier Selection. Once you've finished set up, just remove the order from the READY TO SHIP page and ship it later or clear it. Learn more.
- From the ORDERS page, send an order to the READY TO SHIP page. Learn more.
- From the SHIPMENTS tab, select READY TO SHIP.
- On the READY TO SHIP page, select one combination of Carrier, Carrier Service and Packaging that made your list. Learn more.
- Select the check box by Save my Carrier Selections for future use.
- A dialogue box will appear asking to name the selection. The name will help distinguish it from other Saved Carrier Selections that you set up.
- Select Save and you're done.
If you'd like to save a different combination, just jump back to step 3 and repeat.
To mark your most common selections as defaults:
Select a single domestic and single international Saved Carrier Selection as a default and your orders will appear on the READY TO SHIP page with these selections pre-loaded.
If you are interested in ORDERS page shipping, you can set up to 10 domestic and 10 international Saved Carrier Selections as defaults. This will make them available for Quick Ship and Buy & Print. Learn more.
- On the SETTINGS page, select QUICK SHIP: SAVED SELECTIONS.
- Click the pencil icon next to the corresponding Saved Selection.
- Click the checkbox next to Make Default?
- Click Save.
How to: Save my Carrier Selections for future shipments
Best of Rules: Assign USPS Priority Mail to packages greater than 1 lb
Best of Rules: Assign USPS Regional Rate Box to shipments with specific zones
Seasonal Tip: Free supplies + custom packages
How to: Save a custom package