Welcome to our "Know How" series - we share ways to maximize your success! See all best practices.
We agree, there's nothing like the anticipation of orders streaming through your store! Your customers will be equally excited to receive your products. So, you'll need to be prepared to ship them out quickly.
Shipping Presets ensure that your most commonly used shipping options are easily accessible and allow you to ship the fastest way for your company!
First, identify which services you will use this season:
There are dozens of carrier services available. Knowing which carrier services will get your packages to your customers in time and at the lowest price will ensure that you maximize your profits.
Meet a deadline:
Depending on your selling season, you may have a hard deadline to meet. Many carriers post cut-off dates - deadlines to get your packages in the mail stream to be delivered in time for key holidays.
It's best to be prepared to use at least one overnight service. These are the fastest services available through ShippingEasy:
Then also identify one or more standard services, which will ensure a timely delivery at a lower cost. These are the most popular options:Learn more about all the available mail classes available in ShippingEasy
TIP: your ShippingEasy account includes a USPS postage account, make sure it's set up to get access to all USPS services. If you have an existing UPS or FedEx account, connect these to access your negotiated rates. Learn more.
Manage your costs:
As one might expect, the faster the service, the more it will cost. There may be circumstances where a package must be delivered next day. However, you will find considerable cost savings when delivery can be delayed a few days.
As much as possible, plan ahead to avoid the extra cost. However, on-time delivery is well worth it when your customer buys from you again!
Next, save combinations of carriers and services that made your short list:
Using ShippingEasy's Shipping Preset database will give you quick access to the services that you're going to use daily, as well as open up a range of shipping options:
- Faster processing on the READY TO SHIP page. Learn more.
- Automatically assign your Shipping Presets to orders with Shipping Rules. Ex: learn how to use your customers requested service to assign a Shipping Preset.
- One page shipping options available from the ORDERS page:
TIP: before you set up your Shipping Presets, make sure that you've saved your frequently used package types. Check out our seasonal "packaging" tips.
To set up a Shipping Preset:
On the SHIPPING PRESETS Page:
- Click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right of the page.
- Under SHIPMENT SETTINGS, click SHIPPING PRESETS.
- You will see two tabs for Domestic and International presets. Each account will have 6 domestic and 7 international preset package options already available. Above the tabs, click New Preset.
- Click on the Domestic or International tab depending on which destination you want to create a new preset option for. Then, click on the carrier you want to ship with.
NOTE: You can add a new carrier from this page by clicking Add new carrier.
- Select to create a new Shipping Preset package by clicking Add New Package.
- In the popup modal, name the package and enter in the dimensions, override weight or add-to weight if necessary. Then click Save & Continue.
- For even faster shipping, you can add keyboard shortcut to assign this package on the ORDERS page. Learn more.
- If you are creating a domestic preset and use this package frequently, you can check the box to make it a default. This action will override the Instant Rate package selection on the ORDERS page.
- Click Create Preset.
On the READY TO SHIP Page:
- From the SHIPMENTS tab, select READY TO SHIP.
- On the READY TO SHIP page, select one combination of Carrier, Carrier Service and Packaging that made your list. Learn more.
NOTE: You can create a custom package that includes the specific weights and dimensions that can be part of a shipping presets. Learn more.
Keep in mind that if package dimensions and saved packages are entered on READY TO SHIP, both will be saved.
- On the right hand side of the "Carrier Selections" section, locate "Save Shipping Preset" and check the box by Save the selected carrier, service and packaging for future use.
- A dialog box will appear. Assign a name to your carrier selections.
If you'd like this to be your default option when an order is loaded on the READY TO SHIP page, check the box Make Default?
If you'd like to assign a keyboard shortcut, select from the available list. The selected shortcut will choose these carrier selections on the READY TO SHIP page.
NOTE: separate carrier selections and defaults will need to be made for International and Domestic shipments. So, if you've selected your default on a domestic order, then orders will only default for domestic orders, etc.
This Saved Carrier Selection will be available for future shipments. Learn more.
To mark your most common selections as defaults:
Select a single domestic and single international Shipping Presets as a default and your orders will appear on the READY TO SHIP page with these selections pre-loaded.
If you are interested in ORDERS page shipping, you can set up to 10 domestic and 10 international Shipping Presets as defaults. This will make them available for Quick Ship and Buy & Print. Learn more.
- On the SETTINGS page, select SHIPPING PRESETS.
- Click on the name of the Shipping Preset you would like to make the default shipping preset.
- Check the box under the name next to Make default domestic preset.
- Click Update Preset.
- Default Preset will now appear under the name of the preset on the SHIPPING PRESET page.
How to: Save my Shipping Presets for future shipments
Best of Rules: Assign USPS Priority Mail to packages greater than 1 lb
Best of Rules: Assign USPS Regional Rate Box to shipments with specific zones
Seasonal Tip: Free supplies + custom packages
How to: Save a custom package