If you are using the Products catalog, ShippingEasy will use the stored weight for each Product SKU to override the weights of your orders. However, if you find that any of your Product SKUs have the wrong weight stored, you can also choose to update your saved Products catalog weight while you ship! There are two ways to do this:
- Edit individual weights on the READY TO SHIP page
- Edit multiple weights via batch on the READY TO SHIP page
Important requirements for updates to save to your Product Catalog
- There must be only a single quantity and single line item on the shipment. Learn more about splitting orders
- The product must already exist as a Product Catalog entry. Learn more about uploading your products.
- Create a shipment for an order containing a single line item.
- Edit the shipment Weight.
- Check the box to Update item weight in product catalog if applicable.
For multi-box shipments, only the weight that is entered directly on the READY TO SHIP page will be saved in the product catalog. All of the weights for the additional packages that are entered in the modal is not factored in the weight that is being saved for that single item.
- Complete your selections and purchase the label. By purchasing the label, you will save the updated weight to your Product Catalog listing.
- Create a batch containing orders with single line items.
- Edit the shipment Weight for any individual orders in the batch that require weight corrections.
- Select the BATCH from the "Pending Queue".
- Located beneath the batch weight, check the link Edit for all Shipments
- In the modal box, update the weight for all shipments and click Update.
- Complete your selections and purchase the labels. By purchasing the label, you will save the updated weights to your Product Catalog listing.
Have more questions about editing products? Check out our Product Catalog FAQs.