Shipping Rules allow you to automate the processing of your orders within ShippingEasy. Using simple If... Then... statements, you dictate actions that ShippingEasy should take, based on the conditions you specify. Find a complete list of available variables.
We have a comprehensive list of our favorite Shipping Rules with step by step instructions - view them to get started quickly. To learn more about the possibilities of Shipping Rules, read through our FAQs - or - explore our guide to using rules to improve operational efficiency.
If you already have a good idea what you want to automate, this quick set up guide will help you get started.
To create a Shipping Rule:
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule.
- Set the "IF" conditions: each of which is checked against every incoming order. If all of the conditions for a shipping rule exist for an order, then that shipping rule is applied to that order. If any of the conditions do not exist, then the shipping rule is not applied to that order.
Here is an example with two conditions:
If an order has a status of Awaiting Payment, and the total weight is equal to 13 ounces, then this shipping rule will apply the "THEN" actions, listed below.
- Set the "THEN" action: actions are what ShippingEasy does for you.
Here is an example with two actions:
For every order that meets the conditions of this rule, ShippingEasy will set a specific 'Ship From' address and will set the Saved Carrier Selection to Large Envelope Flat.
- If you would like the rule to automatically queue qualifying orders for shipment, check the box to Create a shipment for each order that meets the condition of this rule. This will send your orders to the READY TO SHIP page.
- Save your new rule! This rule will be applied to all future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy.
FAQs: Shipping Rules / Mapping
What Shipping Rules are available for set-up?
Shipping Tips: Map processes + use rules to improve efficiency
Can I control the order that my Shipping Rules are applied?
Why doesn't my new Shipping Rule apply to my existing orders?