We get it - mistakes happen! Perhaps your customer requested an address update after you already purchased their label or you accidentally selected the wrong carrier service. Regardless of the reason, if you make an error on a label you will need to cancel the incorrect label and generate a new label with the corrected information. This is done in three parts - just follow this guide for detailed steps.
First - Check that your LABEL settings are correct
Make sure the format for your labels is set to how you would like your labels to print. Learn more.
Second - Cancel the incorrect label
- Navigate to the SHIPMENTS tab from any page on your ShippingEasy account. Hover over the tab and select SHIPMENT HISTORY from the drop down.
Once on the SHIPMENT HISTORY page, locate the order by manually scrolling through your history or by using the search box or the filters - both located to the left of the orders. Learn more about filtering your shipped orders and using the search bar.
- Once you have located the order that needs to be cancelled, expand the V action menu and select Cancel Shipment.
- A modal window will appear, asking you to confirm the action. Click OK.
- Once the cancellation is complete you will see a message appear confirming the action as well as your postage refund.
- The shipment will remain on your SHIPMENT HISTORY page with a Cancelled status.
- Your carrier balance will be refunded for the postage amount paid once your USPS provider approves the refund. Learn more.
TIP: remember to throw out the incorrect label so that it does not accidentally get used.
Third - Create a duplicate label from your SHIPMENT HISTORY
- In your SHIPMENT HISTORY, locate the order that you just cancelled.
- Once you have located the order you wish to duplicate, expand the V action menu icon to the far right of the order and select Create Duplicate Shipment.
- The order will automatically move to the READY FOR PAYMENT page. You will be guided to that same screen and a confirmation message will briefly appear letting you know a duplicate label has been set up for the selected order.
- All of the information for the label will default to duplicate from the original order - i.e. the address and shipping method will be the same. Since we need to change the label information, click on the pencil icon under the "Options" column.
- You will be redirected to the READY TO SHIP page. Here you can edit the address, carrier selections, third party billing, and customs information. Learn more about editing each:
- When your edits are complete, complete your purchase:
- Click the grey Add to Cart button to review your purchase on the READY FOR PAYMENT page.
- Click Print Later to purchase it now and send it to the READY TO PRINT page.
- If ConnectEasy is enabled, click Print Now and send it to your selected printer.
You now have a brand new - and correct - label!
Still have questions? Check out some of these other topics: