USPS offers various high-volume discounts which make shipping large quantities cost-effective. Savvy eCommerce merchants take advantage of price-reduced postage through Commercial Plus Pricing (CPP).
What is Commercial Plus Pricing?
Commercial Plus Pricing is a USPS discount available for annual shipping volume more than 50,000 units/year. That may seem like a lot, but it can be a reasonable projection when you're running a booming online business.
A key requirement of Commercial Plus Pricing is that it requires a contractual agreement with the USPS.
What qualifies for Commercial Plus Pricing?
The following are the annual shipment volume requirements for each USPS service:
- Priority Mail: 50,000+ pieces
- Priority Mail Express: 5,000+ pieces
- International: $100,000+ in postage value (with some limits on what type of mail qualifies)
PRO TIP: businesses of all sizes can get Commercial Plus Pricing through online shipping solutions, such as ShippingEasy.
One of the greatest advantages of ShippingEasy is that you can get commercial discounts without the hassle of negotiating your own contract. Find out how much you'll save on postage with ShippingEasy.
What are the discounts?
Anytime you check discounts, make sure the discounts are up to date. At the time of this writing (January 2019) the discounts* are as follows:
- First Class Package Service: up to 28% off retail price for shipments less than 13 oz.
At least 33% and as much as 55% over Retail rates for parcels weight between 14 and 15.999 oz.
- Priority Mail:up to 40% off retail price.
- Priority Mail Express: up to 15% off retail price.
- First Class Package Intl. Service: up to 5% off retail price.
- Priority Mail International: up to 5% off retail price.
- Priority Mail Express International: up to 6% off retail prices.
* Note, the exact discount of any package depends on the shipment weight and zone, or country group.
As you can see, savings are significant. ShippingEasy is happy to extend a 30-day free trial to see for yourself.