There are a few different types of high-volume discounts available through USPS that make shipping large quantities cost-effective. You may be able to qualify for a bulk discount, but if you do not qualify, you can still take advantage of price-reduced postage with the other high volume discount available: Commercial Plus Pricing.
What is Commercial Plus Pricing?
Commercial Plus Pricing is a USPS discount available for high volume shippers who find themselves spending in excess of $50,000/year. That may seem like a lot to the average shipper, but when your business revolves around large shipments that can be a reasonable projection.
The main difference between Commercial Plus Pricing and bulk discounts is that Commercial Plus Pricing requires a contractual agreement.
What qualifies for Commercial Plus Pricing?
The following are the shipment volume requirements for each USPS service:
- Priority Mail: 50,000+ pieces
- Priority Mail Express: 5,000+ pieces
- International: $100,000+ in postage value
Note: International Commercial Plus Pricing has some limits on what type of mail qualifies.
If your business does not meet these thresholds, you can still receive Commercial Plus Pricing through online shipping solutions, such as ShippingEasy. Find out how much you can save on postage with ShippingEasy.
What are the discounts?
Anytime you check discounts, make sure the discounts are up to date. At the time of this writing (January 2016) the discounts are as follows:
- First Class Package Service: up to 27% off retail price for shipments less than 13 oz; at least 43% and as much as 65% over Retail rates for parcels weight between 14 and 15.999 oz.
- Priority Mail: up to 54% off retail price (changes with weight and grouping).
- Priority Mail Express: up to 10% off retail price (changes with weight and grouping).
- First Class Package Intl. Service: up to 5% off retail price (changes with weight and grouping).
- Priority Mail International: up to 5% off retail price (changes with weight and grouping).
- Priority Mail Express International: up to 5% off retail prices (changes with weight and grouping).
- Global Express: up to 24% off retail price if you ship at least $100,000/year of international expedited products.
As you can see, these savings can be pretty significant. ShippingEasy is happy to extend Commercial Plus Pricing to your savings package once you are set up with the rates. If you are a high volume shipper you’d be served well to look into these potential price savings.
What is USPS Retail pricing?
What is Commercial Base Pricing?
Service Types with Commercial Plus Pricing (CPP) Available
ShippingEasy Rates: what you can expect to save on USPS postage
ShippingEasy's USPS Rate Tables