USPS offers various high-volume discounts which make shipping large quantities cost-effective. Savvy eCommerce merchants take advantage of price-reduced postage through Commercial Pricing.
What is USPS Commercial Pricing?
Also known as Commercial Plus Pricing (CPP), this is a USPS discount available for annual shipping volume more than 50,000 units/year. That may seem like a lot, but it can be a reasonable projection when you are running a booming online business.
A key requirement, Commercial Pricing requires a contractual agreement with the USPS.
What are the volume requirements for USPS Commercial Pricing?
The following are the annual shipment volume requirements for each USPS service:
- Priority Mail: 50,000+ pieces
- Priority Mail Express: 5,000+ pieces
- International: $100,000+ in postage value (with limits on what type of mail qualifies)
PRO TIP: businesses of all sizes can get Commercial Pricing through online shipping solutions, such as ShippingEasy.
One of the greatest advantages of ShippingEasy is that you can get commercial discounts without the hassle of negotiating your own contract. Learn more about ShippingEasy's rates on USPS postage.
What are the savings with Commercial Pricing over USPS Retail?
Anytime you check discounts, make sure the discounts are up to date. At the time of this writing (January 2020) the discounts* are as follows:
- First Class Package Service: up to 31% off retail price for shipments less than 13 oz.
At least 33% and up to 59% over retail rates for parcels weight between 14 and 15.9 oz.
- Priority Mail: an average of 20% off retail, and up to 40% off.
- Priority Mail Express: up to 17% off retail price.
- First Class Package Intl. Service: up to 5% off retail price.
- Priority Mail International: up to 5% off retail price.
- Priority Mail Express International: up to 7% off retail prices.
Savings are significant. See for yourself with a 30-day free trial of ShippingEasy.