Shipping using a Regional Rate box can often be the cheapest option if you are shipping close to your origin and if your items can fit in a Regional Rate Box. Plus, USPS offers free packaging! Learn more about Priority Mail Regional Rate shipping.
This rule will require a little bit of prep work:
- Determine which of the Regional Rate boxes works for you (A or B). Learn about Regional Rate boxes.
- Create a Shipping Preset for your Regional Rate shipment. Learn how to save Shipping Presets.
Now you're ready to configure your new Shipping Rule!
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule. In this example, we're shipping in a Regional Rate A box, so we'll call it "Regional Rate Box A".
- Set an "IF" condition to define the Zone to account for how far the package will be traveling. In our example, Regional Rate shipping to Zones 1-4 yields the best rate for our particular products.
Zone | Is equal to | 1, 2, 3, 4
- Click the +Add button.
- Set the "IF" condition to define the Order weight to account for the maximum weight allowed for the Regional Rate box you will be using. We're shipping via Regional Rate Box A, so our shipments need to weigh less than 15 pounds. Learn more about the weight limits of each Regional Rate box type.
Order weight | is less than or equal to | 15 lbs
- OPTIONAL: Add more conditions to account for anything from Item SKU to Total quantity. For instance, we know that no more than 5 items will fit in a Regional Rate Box A, so we're going to set Total quantity as an additional condition.
Total quantity | Is less than | 5
- Now, set the "THEN" action to the Saved Carrier Selection that you created in the prep steps. This will automatically the carrier, service, and box type to any qualifying shipment.
Set shipping preset | Regional Rate Box A
- Save your new rule and you're done!