This document describes installing ShippingEasy’s v3.x plugin for WooCommerce. As of August 2017, this plugin is no longer available for download.
NOTE: This article applies to LEGACY ShippingEasy WooCommerce store integrations ONLY. To determine if you have the legacy version of our WooCommerce store integration, read this article.
It's easy to integrate your WooCommerce account with ShippingEasy! Whether you're brand new to ShippingEasy or have an existing account, integrating your WooCommerce store with ShippingEasy is simple - first add WooCommerce to ShippingEasy, then download and configure the WooCommerce ShippingEasy plugin.
Click here to jump to Part 2. Download the Woocommerce ShippingEasy Plugin.
Click here to jump to Part 3. Install the ShippingEasy Plugin for WooCommerce.
Click here to jump to Part 4. Configure the ShippingEasy Plugin for WooCommerce.
Part 1. Adding WooCommerce to ShippingEasy:
- When registering your ShippingEasy account, selecting WooCommerce from the Platform menu will prompt you for your WooCommerce credentials.
- In the Store URL field, enter your WooCommerce URL.
- Click Save & Continue.
- Complete your ShippingEasy account set up.
- Click here to skip ahead to the next step.
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on the STORES & ORDERS page under the INTEGRATION section.
- Once there, click on the the + Add New button on the right side of the screen.
- From the Platform drop down menu, select WooCommerce. You will then see one additional field: Store URL.
- Copy and paste the URL for your WooCommerce store into the Store URL field.
- Then click the Save button.
- On the next screen you can fill in the settings you want ShippingEasy to use for this store: name, address, etc. Then click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Once you have registered your ShippingEasy account and added your WooCommerce account, you're ready to download the WooCommerce ShippingEasy plugin.
- Within ShippingEasy, navigate to SETTINGS >> STORES & ORDERS under the INTEGRATION section.
- Located to the right of the WooCommerce logo, click the Download Plugin link.
- Clicking the link will open a new browser tab and take you to our partners site, WooThemes, the creators of WooCommerce. They make our plugin available on their site.
Simply click the ADD TO CART button.
- Click CONTINUE.
NOTE: there is no charge for the plugin.
- If you already have an account with WooThemes, click the login link. Otherwise, fill in the form to create an account.
NOTE: there is no charge for having an account on WooThemes.com.
- Click the PAY & DOWNLOAD button:
- On the Checkout page, click the link to DOWNLOAD woocommerce-shippingeasy.zip.
Once you have downloaded the ShippingEasy Plugin, you're ready to add it to your WooCommerce store.
- If you are installing the ShippingEasy plugin for the first time, click here to skip to the next step.
If you have a previous version of the ShippingEasy plugin installed, you will need to remove this before installing/upgrading to the latest version. Begin by navigating to the administrative panel of your WordPress blog. Then click the Plugins link on the left side.
- Review your list of installed plugins for ShippingEasy. If an older version of the ShippingEasy plugin is installed, remove it by clicking the Deactivate link.
- Then click the Delete link.
- Then click the button Yes, Delete these files and data.
- Under Plugins, click the Add New link in the left side menu.
- On the Install page, click the Upload link.
- Click the Choose File button.
- In the file selection dialog, select the folder that contains the woocommerce-shippingeasy.zip file that was downloaded in Part 2. In Windows, depending on your browser, this is typically the Downloads folder (a similar folder is used on Macs).
Click the entry for woocommerce-shippingeasy.zip and then click the Open button.
- Click the Install Now button.
- After the installation completes, click the Activate Plugin link.
Once you have installed and activated the ShippingEasy Plugin, you're ready to configure it for WooCommerce.
- After the installation finishes, click the Settings link in the WooCommerce menu of your WordPress administration panel.
- Click the Integration tab on the WooCommerce Settings page.
- Click the link for ShippingEasy Settings.
NOTE: if there is no link for ShippingEasy Settings then that just means ShippingEasy is the only WooCommerce integration installed, so you can skip to the next step.
- There are three fields that you will fill in with values that you copy from your settings in ShippingEasy.
- In another browser window, log into ShippingEasy and navigate to SETTINGS >> STORES & ORDERS.
- Next to the entry for your WooCommerce store, locate the Store API Key.
- From ShippingEasy, copy the Store API Key.
- In WooCommerce, on the ShippingEasy Settings page, paste in the Store API Key.
- In ShippingEasy, navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on the API CREDENTIALS section.
- Here you will find the API Key and API Secret.
- From ShippingEasy, copy the API Key and API Secret.
- In WooCommerce, on the ShippingEasy Settings page, paste the API Key into the API Key field.
- In WooCommerce, on the ShippingEasy Settings page, paste the API Secret into the Secret Key field.
- In WooCommerce, on the ShippingEasy Settings page, configure the Shippable Statuses. These determine the status values that an order must have to be sent automatically from your WooCommerce store to your ShippingEasy account. Most merchants select "processing" and any others that are used.
TIP: hold down the Ctrl key (or Command on a Mac) to select multiple entries
- Click the Save Changes button and you're done!
Your WooCommerce store is now integrated with your ShippingEasy account.
If you run into any problems, feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team.
- New accounts still in the registration process will see a link with our email address listed under the integration video.
- Paid subscribers, who have already set up their ShippingEasy account, will see links to email, call, or chat on the blue navigation menu in app.
- Anyone can post questions in our Community forum and our team will be happy to assist.
How to use ShippingEasy with WooCommerce: v3.x plugin
How to: Export my product data from WooCommerce
How to: Resolve the WooCommerce 'Multibyte String PHP extension' error
How to: Access the ShippingEasy plugin for WooCommerce log messages
How to: Download my WooCommerce configuration information