Many shipping services have maximum girth requirements. Girth is a special dimensional measurement, equal to (2 x width) + (2 x height). Whether you are using ShippingEasy or EasyShip, when dimensions are provided, we will automatically calculate the girth of your shipments to ensure that they meet service requirements. As such, it’s important to enter accurate dimensions for each shipment.
NOTE: if you have selected Flat Rate “Packaging”, there will not be an option to enter the package dimensions. However, it may be worthwhile to compare the rates for custom packages (which require that you provide weight and dimensions) with Flat Rate costs.
To measure a package, all you need is a ruler or measuring tape:
- Set your package with right side up.
- Place the measuring tool against each edge to find the dimensions. Learn more.
- Length (L): longest horizontal edge
- Width (W): shortest horizontal edge
- Height (H): vertical edge
- Record each measurement and round down to the nearest 0.25 inch.
- Within your shipping application, locate the Dimension field. Enter the L (length), W (width), and H (height).
- Select the Update button to refresh the “Postage Cost”.
Related articles for ShippingEasy subscribers:
Do I need to enter weight and dimensions for every package?
What is ShippingEasy Flat Rate Green and does it relate to cubic pricing?
How to: Save a custom package
Best of Rules: Assign a package and dimensions to my shipments