Orders that share the same SKU or with SKU's that contain multiple similar numbers are typically items that share other factors as well, such as weight and dimensions. Creating a category to group these orders together makes it easier to quickly apply specific packaging to them when you are ready to ship them.
Simplify your shipping process by creating a shipping rule that automatically categorizes by SKU!
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Yellow SKUs".
- Set the "IF" condition to the parameters that determine if the Item SKU is equal to to contains a set of numbers.
In this example, we might be able to ship anything with Qty 1-5 in Package A or 6-10 in Package B. But if it's quantity 1-5 or 6-10 of the same product we use Package C.
We can set up this rule to identify "Item SKU contains SKU 123456"
Item SKU | Contains| 123456
- Set the "THEN" action to Assign category to and select a color. In this example we use 'yellow'.
Assign category to | Yellow
- Save your new rule! This rule will be applied to all future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy.