ShippingEasy enables you to purchase and generate Pay-On-Use Return (POUR) labels which can be included in the initial shipment sent to your customer. You will only get charged for POUR labels if and when they are scanned in the mail stream. If your customers never use the return labels then you will never get charged for the return label postage.
POUR labels are printed at the same time as the outbound shipping label and should be included in the initial package sent to your customers. If they choose to return an item, they simply repackage it and apply the POUR label that you provided them.
TIP: Customize your Packing Slips to educate your customers on their return options.
There are two ways in which a POUR label can be added to an outbound shipment:
- Manually on the READY TO SHIP page
- Automatically via a Shipping Rule
Tracking data for POUR labels are not currently sent to any store platform as part of the standard shipment update.
Manually selected on READY TO SHIP
- Once your domestic order is loaded and the carrier is set to USPS on the READY TO SHIP page, ShippingEasy will display "Return Options".
- Check the box next to Add Pay-On-Use Return Label.
If you receive an error, confirm that Stamp's Pay-on-Use Returns has been activated on your One Balance account. Then verify with ShippingEasy that Stamps Pay-on-Use Returns has been enabled for your ShippingEasy account.
- Once checked, ShippingEasy will automatically assign the Service/Packaging and Weight of the POUR label to those of the outbound shipping label.
- If needed, you can edit the Service/Packaging and Weight.
For example, you want to send your customer's shipment via Priority Mail but are happy for the return to be shipped back to you via First Class.
The Service/Packaging menu is limited to the Shipping Presets you have created and saved in your ShippingEasy account. To add additional options to the menu, learn how to save Shipping Presets.
- Finally, after the shipment has been processed it will appear in your SHIPMENT HISTORY. Here you'll see a 'Return Tracking Number' link under the Tracking Number for the outbound shipment.
- Click the Return Tracking Number link to display the POUR label tracking number.
Tracking data in ShippingEasy will not update until the label has been scanned by USPS.
Automatically via a Shipping Rule
- To create a Shipping Rule, go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue + Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "return label rule".
- Set the "IF" condition to Destination is equal to Domestic and/or another condition of your choosing.
TIP: only USPS Domestic shipments are eligible for POUR labels. Use the Destination condition to filter for Domestic shipments. The Requested service condition may help filter out other carrier shipments.
- Set the "THEN" action to Create Pay-On-Use Return label for outbound shipment and select a Service/Packaging.
You can either set Use Shipment's selections if you would like the POUR label to be the same as the outbound shipment. Or, you can select an existing Shipping Preset if you would like the POUR label to differ from the outbound shipment.
- Save your new rule! This rule will be applied to all future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy.