For high value items, adding Signature Confirmation provides additional assurance that the package has been delivered to the intended destination. Creating a Shipping Rule for this allows you to automatically add it to your orders. A common condition that this rule is applied to is "Order Total" ensuring that expensive shipments get extra protection.
Keep in mind that Signature Confirmation does not equate to insuring your package. Learn more about Signature Confirmation.
IMPORTANT: any rule applying a confirmation option requires that a Saved Carrier Selection is also applied via a Shipping Rule. This is because each confirmation option is dependent on the carrier selection. A Saved Carrier Selection can be applied as a separate rule or within the same rule. In either case, the Saved Carrier Selection rule/action must be placed before the delivery confirmation rule/action. Learn how to make a Saved Carrier Selection or take a look at our example Shipping Rule to apply Saved Carrier Selections.
To create a Shipping Rule:
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Signature Confirmation".
- Set the "IF" condition. Since we are applying this rule to high value orders, we'll set:
Order total | Is greater than | (specified amount)
- Set the first "THEN" action to apply a Saved Carrier Selection:
Set saved carrier selection | (specify Saved Carrier Selection)
Set the second "THEN" action to apply a confirmation option. Since we want the carrier to receive a Signature before delivering the package, we'll set:
Set confirmation option | Signature
- Save your new rule! This rule will be applied to all future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy.