ShippingEasy's default packing slips can easily be customized based on the type of package you are shipping. For gift orders, you can omit pricing information or add extra text for special messages by creating a custom packing slip template. Then, Shipping Rules can be used to make sure this custom packing slip is printed for your gift orders.
To begin, create a packing slip template for your gift orders. Learn how to set up packing slips.
Once that's been saved, you're ready to set up the Shipping Rule!
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "gift packing slip".
- Set the "IF" condition to look for the gift orders you want to create packing slips for.
Order is a gift | Is true
- Set the "THEN" action to Set final packing slip template. This condition prevents the overriding of that packing slip by any subsequent shipping rule.
In this example, we called our custom template "Gift Packing Slip". Be sure to select the template you created.
Set final packing slip template | Gift Packing Slip
- By default, your rule will be applied to orders on the ORDERS page. If you'd like to automatically create a shipment for these orders and their packing slips, you can select to do so.
- Save your new rule! This rule will be applied to all future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy.