Packages over 1 lb cannot be shipped via USPS domestic First-Class Package Service. While a variety of services are available for these heavier shipments, USPS Priority Mail is by far the most popular for its speed and affordability.
If you have the correct weights for your SKUs on your store platform or are using our Product Catalog to assign weights to your SKUs (and total order weight), you can easily make this shipping selection automatic in order to process your shipments faster.
Before setting up this Shipping Rule, take a few minutes to review your Shipping Presets and make sure that you have one ready to assign to qualifying shipments. Learn more about Shipping Presets.
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Priority Mail".
- Set the "IF" condition to Order weight is equal to or greater than 1 lb. View all available conditions.
Order Weight | Is equal or greater than | 16 oz
- Set the "THEN" action to Assign saved carrier selection to "Priority Mail":
Set saved carrier selection | Priority Mail
- Save your new rule and you're done!