ShippingEasy can print packing slips before or after you generate a shipment for an order. By default, we use a template to control the exact content and layout of the packing slips that it prints.
If the resulting packing slips look good to you, there is nothing more to do. But if you want to customize the content or layout of those packing slips, you can create a custom template.
Follow the steps below to create a custom template and save it to your settings:
Create the template:
- Click the SETTINGS icon and then click PACKING SLIP TEMPLATES.
- To add a new template, click the +Add New button.
Or to edit an existing template, click the pencil icon for that template.
- If you are creating a new template, type in a name for it.
- To give yourself a starting point, load a ShippingEasy default template. To load a default template, select a Type.
ShippingEasy provides three default templates:
- Packing Slip: a generic template that contains content arranged to look best at 8.5 x 11 inches in either portrait or landscape mode.
- Packing Slip (4x6 Label): a more compact set of content arranged to look good on a 4 x 6 label in landscape mode.
- Packing Slip (8x11 combo): arranges the packing slip content assuming a 4x6 shipping label in the upper-right corner.
- After you pick a default template, click the Load Default button.
- Now that you have some content for your packing slip, you can use the tool bar to change the font, color, indentation, etc. You can even insert a table or a list of bullet points.
- In the default packing slip templates, you will notice references to fields like:
When ShippingEasy creates the packing slip, it will substitute in the correct value for that field - in this example, the name of your customer. There are a wide variety of different field values that ShippingEasy can substitute in for you.
They are available from the 3 variable menus in the tool bar, Store, Recipient, and Shipment:
To insert a field value, click in the body of the packing slip with your mouse, and then select the option you need from the Variable menus. Learn more about:
- As you experiment with different content and formatting options, periodically display an example packing slip by clicking the Preview PDF button.
NOTE: The test packing slips will not contain information from an actual order or from any of the stores that you have configured in ShippingEasy. The fields are populated with "test" values, including a test logo, if you specify a logo in the packing slip. Learn more about previewing your custom packing slip template.
Save it to your settings:
- After you save your template, you are ready to make use of it. Click the SETTINGS tab and then click PACKING SLIPS.
- Scroll down to the "Packing Slip Template" and assign your packing slip to either the Domestic or International template.
- Click Save, and then you are done!
FAQs: Packing Slips
How to: Set up your Packing Slips
How to: Design a custom Packing Slip Template
How to: Preview a custom Packing Slip Template
How are my variables on my Packing Slip templates mapped?
How do I customize the size of my logo on packing slips?
Why doesn't my logo appear on my packing slips or emails?
How to: Add product images to Packing Slips